• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Premium Paint Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Paint Protection

I heard that it does not pass California VOC standards and is not available anymore...Well here I am stopping by Riebes Auto Parts and Napa (2in1 lokks like), and there still was one bottle left. Knowing that this is my last chance to try it - I bought it !!!
    Tried it - and like it!!! The store I was in is in Citrus Heights (yes, in California), on Auburn Blvd... Check a store near you if you are looking for one...Carquest may have them too...
    I did a dealer search on http://meguiars.com/dealerlocator/
    for professional products... Just sharing with you guys...

How much did you pay? I found a bottle and they wanted $23! Is this the going rate?
    Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Originally posted by farmboy
      How much did you pay? I found a bottle and they wanted $23! Is this the going rate?
      When I bought my MPPP it was $19.99! It's an excellent product with very good durability and gloss. It uses cationic bonds, which are the strongest chemical bonds possible. The positively charged molecules bond with the negative charges on the paint finish.

RamAirV1
      Last edited by RamAirV1; Jun 13, 2006, 04:35 PM.
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I wonder what it takes to make cationic bonds with paint that is unfriendly for the environment....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          I wonder what it takes to make cationic bonds with paint that is unfriendly for the environment....
          Good question! It may have something to do with the solvents that are used to make MPPP easy to spread. Just my theory though.

It is really true that cationic bonds are the strongest. I learned that in college chemistry. #21 and NXT do not use cationic bonds but, according to Meguiars, NXT is their best protecting LSP, and MPPP and NXT were being sold at the same time for a few years.

You know how trade secrets are. If they tell us all the secrets behind NXT and/or MPPP, they may have to kill us!

RamAirV1
          Last edited by RamAirV1; Jun 13, 2006, 04:48 PM.
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Sounds like good stuff. Do you think a bottle is still good to use or would you consider it expired? It may take a couple of years to use it all.

Comment

I was at a Parts Plus store on my last trip to the States. They had 12 on hand. I asked if they were going to clear them out. They had no idea about the VOC regs. They said their warehouse had 189 listed on hand! I think they were around the $19-$22 mark. If you wanted to try some, maybe try that chain too!
              The grass is always greener on the septic field.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLeegr
                I was at a Parts Plus store on my last trip to the States. They had 12 on hand. I asked if they were going to clear them out. They had no idea about the VOC regs. They said their warehouse had 189 listed on hand! I think they were around the $19-$22 mark. If you wanted to try some, maybe try that chain too!
                lol i can buy them direct from meguiars canada or locally at this detailing place
                Patrick Yu
                2003 Honda Accord
                2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Sounds like good stuff. Do you think a bottle is still good to use or would you consider it expired? It may take a couple of years to use it all.
                  MPPP has a shelf life of at least seven years. I have a bottle, opened in '02, that still works great. I just used some on my new GTO.

MPPP also has anti-static properties too. That's handy if you drive in dusty areas.

RamAirV1
                  2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

What is this product? Never heard of it....is it a wax/sealant or something?

Comment

Yeah, it was a synthetic, or mostly synthetic, sealant. There was a cleaner and protectant in the line. But had some non-compliant stuff in it, so they were discontinued.
                      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

$17.99

Comment

I am really tempted to pick up a bottle, but then I can always get another can of NXT or a couple cans of GC for the money.

Comment

I just been at Ribes Autoparts/Napa in Folson (CA), right before they closed at 7p.m. and they still have 2 bottles available of M.P.P.P.
                            same price - $17.99 a bottle......so if anyone that is living by is interested - get it before it's gone....

Comment

Originally posted by SL1CK
                              What is this product? Never heard of it....is it a wax/sealant or something?
                              MPPP is synthetic only, it has no carnauba according to Meguiars.
                              Some say it has cleaners in it but I don't see much cleaning action from using it, IMHO a good thing. MPPP can be layered too.

MPPP causes water to sheet when you wash the car. So don't expect a lot of beading. It will bead when it rains though.

If you can get some, MPPC (Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner) it is also very good.

RamAirV1
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');