• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar Product Recommedations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar Product Recommedations

Well I'm glad I found this forum, hopefully I can get some insight on Meguiar's products. I've been using Black Fire with my Porter Cable 7424 and have been happy with it but have also heard great things about Meguiars and with easier access to Meguiar products I'm looking to switch. I have a fair amount of experience with detailing cars but not a professional by any means. I have a '97 F350 (white) and a '03 Expedition. The paint on the F350 is in great shape but has some swirl and light scratches I'd like to get rid of before waxing. The Expedition just needs a light polish and wax job. I've heard some good things about the NXT wax but looking for some good info on what to use. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Scott

For white, I would start off with Meg's #83 DACP. Work the product in as directed and follow up with NXT. I would also suggest claying the surfaces prior to DACP, if you had intended to do so. If you want to, not that you could really notice on white, you can follow up the DACP with Meg's #82 SWP. This will remove any micro-swirls that could be left left by DACP or your pad. Like I said, it will not be as noticeable on white. White vehicles are harder to work with than other colors. Mike Phillips had a good write up on a white vehicles...check out this link, it should help you out.

"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter." - Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');