• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smooth Surface Clay Kit-MUST BUY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth Surface Clay Kit-MUST BUY!!!

a big to meguiars!!!!

Today I did a complete overhaul on the 03 celica.

What I did was:

Wash n dry car with NXT wash
    Clayed (smooth surface)
    DC 1 (cleaner) w/ meg tech appl pad
    DC 2 (polish) w/ meg tech appl pad
    NXT paste wax.

and for the glass and tires I used: NXT glass cleaner and Insane tire shine.

The car looks AMAZING. (pics in a couple of days)

Anyways, my dad works in a factory environment where paint over-spray gets onto his dark blue GMC. Keep in mind, its only a 99', but it has a paint job of a car from the 80s that was never cleaned. lol
    So after i was done with the celica(9hrs later), I decided to use the clay on a corner of his hood. WHAT A DIFFEREANCE!! I can actually feel and see the original finish! I can honestly say I have never in my life seen a product make such a change in a finish.

Moral of the story: CLAY IS WORTH IT 110%! SPEND THE 16BUCKS AND GET IT!
    2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Sweet! Although I wish I never had to use it (brand new truck), I know someday I'll have to and I'm glad it works!!!

Make sure to update w/ pics! Before and after if you have 'em!

Comment

Even a brand new vehicle can have a lot of gunk on it.. mine did. No major swirls luckily, but some bonded stuff.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
        Even a brand new vehicle can have a lot of gunk on it.. mine did. No major swirls luckily, but some bonded stuff.
        Same here. Between leaving the factory, transport on a train or truck, and sitting on the dealers lot allows a lot of junk to become embedded in the paint.

What's the difference between the Quik Clay system and the Smooth Surface system? The only difference I can see is that Smooth Surface includes a MF towel and Quik Clay does not. Since I already have plenty of MF towels, I'd rather get the less expensive Quik Clay setup.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');