• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing. Polishing questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to detailing. Polishing questions.

Well I'm going to do my first real detail with polish and everything as follows:
    NXT Wash
    Quick Clay
    Pro Hand Polish
    NXT Tech Wax

In that order. I was wondering about how you apply and buff the polish. What's the difference between the finishing pad and the polishing pad? After I apply the polish do i just buff it out with a MF towel? Finally, Do I let the polish sit there like a wax or do I whipe it off immediately? Thaks for your help.

Good process!

I would work in the #9 more so than the polish. #9 by machine. I polish by hand.

Finishing pad is for waxing or appling a polish such as #9 so as not to mar up your surface after other more aggresssive products are used to remove swirls. Polish pad is a bit more aggrressive to work in more aggressive products (like #82 swirl free polish, #83 DACP).

Pro hand polish I would spread even coat on a single body panel then remove bulk with terry while wet, and finally buff to shine with MF. I've had problems removing if I let it set and dry.

Good luck

Comment

If you are using #81 you will really like it its my favorite polish hands down... as scrub said never let a polish dry or you will had a hard time removing it. As recommended to me by someone on here, I have applied #81 with the PC and Finishing pad on a speed of 3.5-4 and had very good luck.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');