• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spray Wax problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray Wax problem?

After washing my truck last weekend, I sprayed some NXT Spray Wax onto an even coat applicator and applied a very thin coat over my entire truck. After the wax dried, I removed it with a S.S. Microfiber. The wax seemed to wipe off effortlessly, but In some areas I could tell that there was a haze or some type of residue left behind from the spray wax. I could not wipe it off with the microfiber no matter how much I wiped the area. Am I doing something wrong? The residue would not come off. I had to go over the truck with Final Inspection to remove the residue.
    Brian

I was just trying to think of all the possible reasons that could have attributed to the streaks or residue that was left over after using the spray wax on my truck. I can't remember, but maybe I did not shake the bottle or maybe i did not shake it enough???
    Brian

Comment

Sometimes not shaking, sometimes not letting it dry, sometimes applied to thick, sometimes it is time to put a good base coat of wax back on.

Did the areas that seem streaky get a chance to dry all the way? Maybe had a little thicker of a coat applied there?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I don’t think it’s a problem of not having a good base coat of wax on it, but who knows. I applied NXT about a month ago and some #26 a couple weeks after. I’ve never had good luck with the spray wax. The 2 or 3 times that I have tried it. The majority of the wax would be easy to remove, but I would always have small white specs that would be hard to remove, and now the streaks left over after removing the wax. I suppose it could be any number of the problems you described. Basically I applied it to the even coat applicator and then applied a thin coat to the entire truck. I then went over to where I had started and swiped one spot and it swiped clear. I then went around the truck with a microfiber, removing the wax. Some spots were clear and others had streaks left behind.
        Brian

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');