• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to know the difference between 82 and M09.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to know the difference between 82 and M09.

I can get M09 today from local PBE,they do not have 82, or order 82 from ADS. Is there a difference in there abliity to remove swirls. I have some fine polishing left to do.
    I get lost in all the numbers???
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

According to the Meguiars catalog, #82 is formulated for fresh paint. So if you are not working on fresh paint, I would probably go ahead and try the #9 first since it is readily available to you.

That is just my opinion.

They are both about the same aggressiveness according to the scales on the bottles.

FEATURES:
    • Formulated for fresh paint
    • High performance polish eliminates swirl marks fast
    • Specially blended polish with cleaning power removes
    fine scratches
    • Smooth, fast application and easy wipe-off
    • Restores a glistening “new paint” shine

FEATURES:
    • A deep gloss cleaner/polish
    • Removes fine scratches and swirl marks, while
    providing a dark, dramatic shine
    • Formulated to reduce splatter & make application
    and wipe-down easier
    Brian

Comment

Thanks, my ride is a 1999. Will give 09 a try.
      MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Just to note, they are both formulated for fresh paint.

I'm not saying you need to do a search on this question as our forum is not known to like a lot of other forums were every time you ask a question someone will tell you,

Do a search

However, this questions has been asked many times and a quick search using the terms

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.

Here's a start...

In a nutshell, M82 is a tad more aggressive than $9 but not enough that I think the average person could ever tell the difference. M82 is technology developed when we created the 80's serious line while M09 was introduced in about 1987 I think. It was one of, if not the only cross-over product at the time when basecoat/clear coat systems finally hit a critical mass in the collision shop industry and it was discovered that something more aggressive than a pure polish, (non-abrasive), yet less aggressive than a compound or paint cleaner was necessary to bridge the gap in order to create a swirl free finish in the re-finishing industry.

Basically if you're looking for a light cleaner/polish then either will fit the bill.

I find myself using either product when I'm working on very soft paints that are prone to micro-marring or as a last rotary applied product in a 3-step rotary process.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');