• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Body Solvent vs. GC tar and bug remover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Solvent vs. GC tar and bug remover

Ok, just found this forum and starting up detailing so I'm going to be full of questions if you haven't noticed already. I've searched and couldn't find a definite answer. Which works better with the least effort on tar and bug removal, body solvent or GC tar and bug remover? I haven't been able to find anything locally as far as a bug and tar remover that works work a ****.

Mike
    Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
    ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Body Solvent is more effective. I haven't tried the GC bug and Tar remover for that reason, I was told that the Body Solvent should work better and it works pretty good. For all the tar I've used it on, just spray on, let sit for a minute and buff off. It may take a few applications for the harder ones. But it works very well.

Comment

I personally like the body solvent better.

I spray the body solvent on and then let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes to give the product time to break down the tar and then wipe it off. Works good.
      Brian

Comment

Thanks! I'm adding that to my list also!

Mike
        Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
        ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');