• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help and advice neede look at the pic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help and advice neede look at the pic!

Your help and advice required please chaps! The photo below is of the hood of a black 3 year old Citroen Saxo VTR (not mine!) In three areas there appears to be isolated patches of cracked paintwork. These measure 1 inch accross. Do you think it needs a respray or could it be saved with the correct polishing using a PC? If it can be saved what do you advise? The damage is only on the hood the rest of the paintwork is reasonable (not perfect tho). I'm also going to advise the owner to check the warrenty as this shouldn't happen to a 3 year old car!?!?!

thanks in anticipation of your advice

That looks like you are pretty much stuck.

All you can do is clean/polish/wax over it to try and make it less noticeable, and maybe that will keep it from spreading.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It looks like bird droppings ate into the clear coat. You may be able to remove or minimize that with Scratch-X or a G-100.
      Art Layton
      2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

thanks for the advice! I don't think its bird poo as it hasn't got the same apearence as the etching you tend to get. Any other ideas!!!!!!

Comment

You have other areas that are the same size doing the same thing? Sounds to me like the car may have been egged, either way if the clear coat is cracked, nothing you can do short of a respray, if it is just etched, polishing make it look better...but it will still remain, wetsanding might work but not recommended without the proper tools and skill. GL
          As you make a living, don't forget to live.

Comment

Originally posted by tmitch
            thanks for the advice! I don't think its bird poo as it hasn't got the same apearence as the etching you tend to get. Any other ideas!!!!!!
            It does look like it could be areas that was first etched by bird poo, then left untreated, and with time it has caused the clearcoat (and then the basecoat) to fail... The scratches going out from the area, might even be from when the owner wiped the bird dropping off...
            "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
            - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');