• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will this work?

i have 3 products and would prefer not to buy any more but will if i have to.
    deep crystal paint cleaner.
    KITTEN liquid Polishing wax (carnauba)
    NXT tech wax (liquid)

my car is black and has swirl marks and some of those surface contamination marks (not much). it also has a coat of nxt wax over it.
    so i was thinking using the 3 products in the order mentioned to get it looking good.
    will this work well?
    also will the cleaner get the coat of wax off or do i need something else?
    1 more thing, which pads do i use with each pruduct? i have some meguiars soft foam pads and a denser foam pad.
    thanks in advance.
    Greg
    Last edited by cliffor123; Jun 28, 2006, 12:11 AM.

Are you going to be working by hand? Without scratch X I don't think you will be able to get swirls out by hand. Here is a good thread to read for how to remove swirls by hand...

The Meguiars G100 or Porter Cable 7424 would be much more effective at the removal of Swirl marks. And if your paint is exceptionally hard, a Rotary buffer would be your next method though this wouldn't be recommended for beginners. The G100 or PC are pretty easy to use and anyone can use them. They will greatly reduce your work.
    -Brian
    2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');