• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smooth surface clay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smooth surface clay

This may sound like a stupid question, but can you buy the smooth surface clay by itself and not in a kit? I already have QD and microfibers and am just wanting the clay.

Mike
    Extreme Clean Auto Detailing
    ...taking auto detailing to the Extreme!

Re: Smooth surface clay

Originally posted by mh68
    This may sound like a stupid question, but can you buy the smooth surface clay by itself and not in a kit? I already have QD and microfibers and am just wanting the clay.

Mike
    You can't buy the 'smooth surface' clay out of the kit. Meguiars does have a Professional Detailing Clay-Mild.

If it were me, pick up the kit you get the Quik Detailer and a towel as a little bonus! You will use them.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Re: Smooth surface clay

Originally posted by gb387
      You can't buy the 'smooth surface' clay out of the kit. Meguiars does have a Professional Detailing Clay-Mild.

If it were me, pick up the kit you get the Quik Detailer and a towel as a little bonus! You will use them.
      Is there a difference between the two? Does one work better than the other?

Mike

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Smooth surface clay

Originally posted by mh68
        Is there a difference between the two? Does one work better than the other?

Mike
        The pro clay comes in a larger quantity, if you are going to use clay once a year it may not be the best option as it may go to waste. Now if you are going to use it up its probably the best option. Many on MOL really like this option. What kind of Clay Does Everyone Use?

As for the use... the pro clay is going to be a little more aggressive than the consumer clay(smooth surface).
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smooth surface clay

Originally posted by gb387
          The pro clay comes in a larger quantity, if you are going to use clay once a year it may not be the best option as it may go to waste. Now if you are going to use it up its probably the best option. Many on MOL really like this option. What kind of Clay Does Everyone Use?

As for the use... the pro clay is going to be a little more aggressive than the consumer clay(smooth surface).
          Thanks! I used the smooth surface clay today and it worked great! I couldn't believe the difference especially in the way it felt. I'll have to give the pro clay a try too.

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');