• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experimentation discouraged by price!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squimper
    You can't order from Meguiar's Canada's website anymore. They no longer even list prices.

There is a note about a new website coming in August though, so hopefully the ability to order online will be back.
    oops my bad, but i think i have enought meguiars goodies for a while so i am not worried
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

volume would have more to do with the selection of stuff they decide to sell up here, not the prices

fact is, their import costs are going down with everything else pretty much constant
      BLINK Detailing
      Serving the GTA Area

Comment

I think, perhaps the Meguiar's - eet is so expensive in Canada because of zee requirement for zee French/English labeling. No?

Seriously guys, if you take the exchange rate into consideration, you need to multiply those Canadian prices by .89 to get the US dollar equivalent.

Secondly - JUST HOW MUCH PRODUCT DO YOU USE TO DETAIL ONE CAR?

A container of paste wax, clay bar, etc. is good for several cars. It doesn't cost US$25 for enough Nxt paste wax to do just one car.

Most importantly, the cost of the products is nothing compared to your labor hours. (Granted, the Canadian Government would probably charge you employment taxes on your own labor if they could figure out how.)

Using a total of what, $20 - $30 Canadian worth of products is nothing compared to your "investment" of 20+ man hours to get the job done. Your option is to use $15-$25 of inferior products and burn the same 20+ hours in labor for a lesser result. Is the $10-$20 savings worth it? It amounts to .50 -$1 per hour.

I don't think you can pin the problem of product availability/pricing on Meguiar's. You can.......

BLAME CANADA!

Last edited by STG; Jul 11, 2006, 12:31 AM.

Comment

The labelling might be part of the reason, but then you could say that about everything American product u can find in Canada

If I used that mindset for everything I bought and used, I'd be broke especially with younger guys like me, money is tight (tuition, car, food, etc) .. my partner and I have spent nearly $1000 on our little business, and I think if we saved $5 on every thing we bought, it'd be about $100-200 in savings

so I DO blame Meguiar's, and every other brand thats doing the same thing, and I blame myself for living in Canada, everything we get here is always twice the price and half the selection >_< I'm considering buying a car from the US and while I'm there, stocking up on everything I can get my hands on ..lol
          BLINK Detailing
          Serving the GTA Area

Comment

Re: Experimentation discouraged by price!

NXT Wax/Paste...$29
            Gold Class Wax... $19
            Scratch-X....$15
            Clay Bar...$25
            Regular shampoo (not NXT) $15
            Don't have them all here in Sweden, but here's our prices

NXT Wax/Paste...$32
            Scratch-X....$23

Edit: Spelling mistake
            Do, or do not - there is no try.

Comment

What I wouldn't give to buy Meg's at US, Canadian or even Dutch prices!!

Here in Thailand it's far worse, here's a couple of examples:

NXT Liquid 18oz: USD $66
              M21 Synthetic Sealant 64oz: USD $210

A basic exterior detailing kit with wash mits, soap, MF's, brushes, cleaner, clay, polish and wax costs a cool USD 1000 dollars. To put it into perspective:

* That's what it costs to get an entire small Japanese/Thai car resprayed here.

* It's roughly equivelant to 8 months of base wage earnings for a regular Thai.

* It's equivelent to about three weeks pay for a senior manager in an international firm.

There's simply no way you could ever convince me this is due to shipping charges and normal retail margins. Someone's making a heck of a lot of money..

You have to be a little more than just "car" crazy to be a Meguiars customer here!

Comment

You would have to be car triple utterly insane to pay those prices!

I guess you just import from the us yourself to get you Meg's products?
                Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
                ShowYourSound

(\__/)
                (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
                (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Comment

Originally posted by QiB1400
                  You would have to be car triple utterly insane to pay those prices!

I guess you just import from the us yourself to get you Meg's products?
                  Thankfully I have some American friends that commute between the States and Thailand a couple of times a year. Still, there won't be too many people here in Thailand that are so fortunate!

I always wonder if Megs are happy with the sales figures in Thailand.. At the prices they're trying to charge, I can't imagine they're selling too well! I mean charging 4x to 5x first-world retail prices in a second-world country is just unheard of. Even BMW's and Benz's with their whopping 280% import duties still aren't that expensive by comparison.

For the record you can buy "E1" and the other "M's" products here for about 20%-30% more than US retail. Now that makes sense.

Comment

Hey Vios,
                    Where did you buy those products for that price?
                    I just bought mine for far less and i already thought it was expensive.
                    BTW I bought mine from meguiars thailand.

NXT Liquid 18oz for around $30 USD

Oh man, I think you've been rip off by someone. Thats ****!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ByronW View Post
                      Hey Vios,
                      Where did you buy those products for that price?
                      I just bought mine for far less and i already thought it was expensive.
                      BTW I bought mine from meguiars thailand.

NXT Liquid 18oz for around $30 USD

Oh man, I think you've been rip off by someone. Thats ****!!!
                      Things is, I didn't and surely wouldn't!

I was just trying to paint a picture on how utterly insane the pricing of Megs products is in Thailand. Thankfully I have a bunch of American buddies who commute between the states and LOS on a regular basis, so I lean on them to carry kit back for me. If I didn't have that opportunity, there's simply NO WAY I would be a Megs customer - their prices here are downright highway robbery. That said, Eagle One and Mother's products are reasonably priced in Thailand, and more than competitive against Megs given the circumstances if you're limited to buying locally.

Comment

Originally posted by Vios View Post
                        Things is, I didn't and surely wouldn't!

I was just trying to paint a picture on how utterly insane the pricing of Megs products is in Thailand. Thankfully I have a bunch of American buddies who commute between the states and LOS on a regular basis, so I lean on them to carry kit back for me. If I didn't have that opportunity, there's simply NO WAY I would be a Megs customer - their prices here are downright highway robbery. That said, Eagle One and Mother's products are reasonably priced in Thailand, and more than competitive against Megs given the circumstances if you're limited to buying locally.
                        Oh...
                        Don't get me wrong I travel back and forth between here and the states twice a year. I agree that the price is higher than the states. I dont think it's too bad, same price as in canada or so. Anyway to me I think meguiars is the only way to go after checking all the prices at Central Department store today. Meguiar's products is the cheapest of all.

- Eagle One NanoWax 2400 baht (USD$60)
                        - Turtle Wax ICE 3000 baht (USD$75)
                        - SOFT99 3000 baht (USD$75) and 4000 baht (USD$100)

Comment

Here I Norway Meguiars products do cost a lot, some examples.

scratchX 25,90$
                          Gold Class Liquid Wax 39,77$
                          Quik Clay Detailing System (old clay system)37.78$
                          Supreme Shine Microfiber(1 towel) 16,70$

I don't buy my stuff here in Norway. I do buy them tru ADS and they ship mye stuff to a freight forwarding company.their services do cost alot, but I still save a fortune compared to shop all my products in Norway. Maybe this could be a solution in other countrys as well?

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');