• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

brand new car, can i detail right away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brand new car, can i detail right away?

Got a new car this weekend, and it's got very few but nonetheless some slight DISO goodness.
    I'm thinking some #9 followed by NXT wax should do the trick, but I'm just wondering is the paint too new to do this with?

I'd be using most likely #9 on a 9006 with orbital/DA, and then hand applying nxt. would this be okay on brand new paint?

Matthew 19:26

It is okay to detail the car. The only time it is not is when the car gets repainted and then you must wait 30-90 days.

if you are going to use M09 on a PC you should use a W8006 pad because it has very light cutting action where as a W9006 has next to none
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Go right ahead and detail your new toy!

You have to remember that the OEM paint finish has been baked at a high temperature, as there are no plastic components that can melt at that stage of assembly, and by the time the car is built, shipped by rail then deliverd to the dealership via car carrier, a few weeks have passed.
      Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
      Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Comment

I just bought two new cars in the last two months and immediately put mulitple layers of NXT on them. It's so nice to be able to start with something so fresh/new and be able to maitain the beauty of it from the get go. The problem for me is that now I am addicted to putting wax on my new car. I think I have about five coats of NXT on my new Honda Civic and I've only had it for 2 1/2 months. I find myself obsessed with keeping both cars looking great. I've got NXT speed detailer and and Megs microfiber towels spilling out of the trunks as well as the garage. Every other week I'm buying some Megs products. I can't stop!

Go for it, wax on.....start protecting that puppy.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');