• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Trucks" on Spike TV's Horsepower block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Trucks" on Spike TV's Horsepower block

Did anybody else catch the episode of "Trucks" on Spike TV's Horsepower Block this weekend?

There was a section on cleaning up a Jeep Rubicon. They went as far as showing how to color sand and buff out the finish...

They proceeded to take the Jeep off road and brought it to a self serve carwash where they used the brush to wash the vehicle!
    Meguiar's Fire/Rescue/EMS, member of the Church of the Highly Reflective Finish!
    Waxworks Automotive Detailing

Yes, I saw that. That is the only episode I've watched since the hosts have changed, and I only finished the show because of the wetsanding and rotary usage (wanted to see how it looked).

All I can say is, "Man I miss Stacey David!!!"

Comment

Stopped watching now that Stacey isnt doing the show anymore.
      If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

Agreed, the show is not the same with out Stacy David. It was a ok segment though.
        good times man.......good times

Comment

I 2nd that, I stopped watching it for that reason.
          I would've posted this in the breakroom tho.
          Last edited by F-150; Jul 5, 2006, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I quit watching after their S10K project. They bought a wuss 350, glued on body panels instead of welding, and didn't even put in a limited slip rear end.
            2005 GMC Sierra-Black(Oh Yeah it's Black )

Comment

Yeah, I couldn't believe that.

Let's take all this time to wet-sand, break out the rotary, then polish and wax with the DA... get it looking killer. THEN, take it to the self-service car-wash to scratch up the paint. For Kevin Tetz being a "Paint Guy", he showed an incredible lack of judgement rubbing that old brush across the hood.

I was a huge fan of Trucks and Stacey David... but now the show is kind-of laughable. These two new guys just don't seem like they're on the same level.

Of course, when Stacey David demonstrated wet-sanding, it was with our Unigrit Sandpapers and using a G100 with Meguiar's products to clean up the vehicles he was working on that show. Who knows what these guys were using...

Brian

Comment

I was thinking the same thing wet sanding then washing with a brush
                01 Tacoma 4x4 X/C V6 Imperial Jade

"Oh, oh Marty, here's you keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight"
                Biff Tannen

Comment

I stopped watching Trucks as soon as I heard that guys voice, that young guy with the gotee. Im not big on listening to guys who like other guys. My mom walked in as I was watching the new episode adn was wondering what I was watching. I stopped adn cut off the tv adn wrote a very angry letter to Spikes Powerblock. I know that they said that Stacey was "tired" of doing his job (I called it BS), but they should bring someone else like that Courtney Hanson girl to do all the modding, not some...cough cough I think u guys get the point. But if they could get Courtney Hanson to do it all or make it look like she did all of it I wuld def watch it again...

Comment

Originally posted by ramphonic
                    I was thinking the same thing wet sanding then washing with a brush
                    Guess they opted for the SISO instead of DISO......"self-installed swirl option"!!!!
                    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');