• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I mix different wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I mix different wax?

Hi all,

Just want to know can I mix different type of wax (synthetic based or carnouba based)? For example I used an NXT wax last time and the next time I wax a car I used Carnouba wax. Is it OK? Is there any disadvantage/problem with this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

plently of people have toppped nxt with #26 hi tech wax or with gold class wax, the choice is yours. some people perfer the looks of nxt by it self, some like it topped with another product. but yes it will work. hope this helps.
    2019 GMC Sierra
    1500 AT4

Comment

Thanks for replying! Wouldn't applying another wax on top of others will strip off the first one?

Actually what I mean is that I used a synthetic based wax right now and would like to try/change to a carnouba based wax. I am just afraid that applying carnouba based wax on top of synthetic based wax will not give good result. I am to lazy to stripdown a wax!

Cheers!

Comment

you can do that just fine. It may look different with the nxt under it as appossed to stripping of the nxt and than applying new wax, but some people "perfer" the look of the nxt under it any way. there should be no bonding issues either way you go. good luck.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Agree with above...
          ...OTOH...
          in the future...I don't recommend going the other way...ie topping the carnuba with NXT without first stripping...

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');