• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Finish Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Finish Help

I have a Black MB E320, I have been using the Meguiar line for 6 months. My finish is improving; however, a by-product of a better finish is noticable white specks on the surface of the car. In the imperfections - paint chips, the polishing products and compounds have left white dots. When I look at the finish all I can see are the imperfections because they are white. Can anyone help reccomend a process or product that wil remove the white from the paint chips.

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Are the specs actually compound/polishes or are they the primer in the chip itself?

The best way is to take Meguiar's #34 Final Inspection and a Microfiber towel and carefully wipe the chips clean. This will protect your wax that is on the car and should remove the polish.

Afterwards, I would very carefully fill the larger chips with touch-up paint. Make sure to stay within the chip itself. Then level the touch-up once it has curred.

I hope this helps!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');