• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reapplying NXT liquid..what pre-steps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reapplying NXT liquid..what pre-steps?

I just finished polishing (to limited success) and waxing my car...
    • Gold class wash
    • Clay
    • Polished with DACP
    • 2 coats of PC-applied of NXT (24 hours apart)

The NXT got a good 12+ hours of good sun and weather to cure...but then it thunderstormed HARD for 4+ hours.

I will wash the car in about 1 or so. I want to reapply the NXT in about 2 or 3 weeks. My goal is to maintain a glossiness.

Do I need to clay and polish again? The clay this time was really dirty and I clayed very slowly and thoroughly to make sure I got everything.

Should I repolish with #80 Speed Glaze? Or Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and Paint Polish?

Or can I just reapply two coats of NXT with no reduced durability (since it was so close to the original application?)
    Last edited by emaxxman; Jul 10, 2006, 05:28 PM.

you should be good with just a wash and dry and then apply nxt..everyone parks in a differant area, if you park near an industrial area or airport then you will need to clay more often than a garage queen

under normal circumstances clay and #80 twice a year should be enough, just evaluate you finish often

Comment

That's what I thought.

I should correct my earlier statement...it should've read...
      "The clay this time wasn't really dirty.."

I will reclay and repolish in the fall when the day time temps aren't so severe.

What is the most economical way to maintain the shine? Should I apply coats of liquid NXT monthly? NXT spray wax? Or should I add a coat of Gold Class on top of the NXT?

I know Gold Class doesn't last as long as NXT. I was thinking Gold Class since it doesn't have any "cleaner" properties and isn't supposed to remove the previous layer. I've read that NXT will to a degree, remove the previous layer and that 2 coats is more for even coverage than buildup.

Is that correct?
      Last edited by emaxxman; Jul 11, 2006, 05:47 AM.

Comment

id try to go with nxt spray wax around twice a month , then try to use the nxt liquid or paste monthly

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');