• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak peak: Upcoming Extreme makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak peak: Upcoming Extreme makeover

1989 BMW orginal paint...
    So far I have about 6 hours into, and have about 4-5 more to go, but here is a sneek peak.... (PS, thanks to Octaneguy and his amazing Camaro/Mustang jobs to keep me going, I'm aiming for your excellence)

So far the paint has been pretty hard to get the feel of and I am literally running the guantlet.... The pics are half the hood... Intrestinly enough, when I buff with a light compound and rotary, I reveal the deep scratchs and swirls from 20 years of use.

Current process on the above pictures is

2 passes of 84/cutting pad/1800 rpm
    1 pass of 80/8006/1200 rpm (lots of holograms after this stage)
    1 pass of 83/8006/pc/ speed five
    1 pass of 80/8006/pc/speed fve
    1 coat of #7
    1 coat of #26
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Quite a difference. Red is back and looking better than new. Nice job.
    -Brian
    2007 Obsidian Black IS350

Comment

Looking good!

That looks like single stage paint? Single stage paint is so much more fun and rewarding to work on in most cases. Just be careful around high points, edges and body lines.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes its single stage. It seems that the pads (when I use a rotary) load up quickly. Even when I clean them with a brush and towel, they because very loaded with product and become useless.

Intrestling enough, the more loaded the pad becauses, the less the product lasts on the surface with the rotary. Is this normal? Its like the pad becomes a sponge and after one pass the product is gone and I am going to a dry buff.
        Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');