• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wax on trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wax on trim

So how would I go about removing the wax that I accidently got on my sunroof trim and my black side-skirts? Unfortunately I did not tape the area off with painters tape the first time I did it--I didnt read about that until a couple days ago : /

Anyway, I have seen Meguairs trim stuff in Pep Boy's and was wondering if that would do the trick....the black looks pregressively worse every time it gets washed...I am hoping for a product that I can go to an auto-parts store to get, as I would like to tackle the job this weekend...thanks for the replies!

ps...i do remember using steel wool in the past, ever so gently, but i am sure there is a less risky remedy.
    04 TL Silver
    04 CR-V Taffeta White

Here's a combo that works pretty good to remove dried polish or wax from plastic trim...

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner

Triple Duty Detail Brush

The Trim Dressing product is for after you've cleaned the trim to condition and protect it.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

#39 Heavy Duty Vinyl Cleaner will do the trick for you.

Ah, Mike beat me to it, lol.

Comment

any remedies that i can purchase local? dare i say that may not be mequiars?
        04 TL Silver
        04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

Originally posted by hondacrazy
          any remedies that i can purchase local? dare i say that may not be mequiars?
          You should be able to find both of those products locally at any auto supply store.

Comment

M40 with nice Microfribre worked for me.

thanks to Sneek for that one.

cheers

Comment

I just purchased Meg's "GC Trim Detailer" (10 oz. liquid) for this same purpose...the description mentions wax residue. Had to order online as I couldn't find it in any stores around me. Previously I had been using Mother's brand "Back To Black" with very decent results.

I've not tried my new Meg's product yet, but I have complete confidence in it!

Comment

I like Autoglym #5 Rubber Cleaner Plus for removing wax stains, and then dress with Autoglym Bumper Care. Have also used the Megs #39 followed by #38 to dress and this combo works well too...

At a recent dem day, an Autoglym rep demontrated wax removal using Autoglym Fast Glass - and it worked very well... Around the UK, you can get Fast Glass anywhere so it may also be widely available near you too? If you were in a hurry, but I would still favour either the AG#5 or Megs#39.
                "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever: Its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness; .... "

Comment

Peanut butter took dried NTX off of my black plastic trim. Just rub it on and wash it off. No Joke!!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');