• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wondering what kind of wax to carwashes use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering what kind of wax to carwashes use

So my boss gave me the keys to his fairly new BMW 550i. Good stuff. He asked me if I could run it over to the carwash

He is the president of the company and is extremely busy. He never hand washes his car and it goes to the carwash every week since he likes it clean. The "package" he gets has the wax solution option. I was wondering what kind of protection, if any, does it give the car?

BTW it's a beautiful car, but it sure is a lot of car compared to my Civic.

It depends greatly on the Carwash.

I made a trip up to the local CarSpa to pick up my grandfathers car. As I walked over to the working attendant, I smelled Hyper Dressing. Turns out CarSpa uses exclusely Meg's products on their cars (dont know about soaps). I saw a complete line of Detalier Products and M80-85.

Needless to say I was impressed.

I'd ask them, they are pretty good about it.

Comment

The hand car wash (Crystal) in my area uses Meguiars... thats actually what helped me make my decision to start using the stuff.
      Gil A. Castillo

Comment

I worked at a car wash for 5 years. Depends on which chain you use. They all use something simular in my area. Most generally its a concentrate mixed with water. If I can recall its like 80 parts water to 1 part concentrate wax. Its not to bad, and they recommend rinse after waxing. If you see the attendant just ask, customers asked me things like that all the time.
        Although I did run across a car wash that my son used, the final cycle to the wash was called a cear coat sealant. Now after about six months of using this stuff once a week, it left a nasty haze that looked like oxidation all over. Needless to say, told him stay away from that type of wax. It took the 5 step process to remove it.
        I worked their 5 years, and free for me to use, and I'll bet I didn't use the wax over 10 times. I would rather use QD. The end result was allways worth the extra effort.
        I didn't know that some do use Maguiar's products. May have to tell my old boss about that.
        Hope that helps, The Fox

Comment

I always say, "If it's not Meguiar's, it's ****." Since I got my new car last year, I don't use anything from the car washes. I might use the pull up pressure washer to rinse my car off, but that is only if I don't have my cleaning supplies with me. I keep an Absorber in my trunk at all times and some QD w/ a MF for spot touching.
          2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');