• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Car - now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Car - now what?

Newbie... brand new car - pitch black clearcoat (SVT)

however - I want to treat it right...
    what do I need - without spending a bundle..
    and what would be the proper process

1) wash
    2) clay?
    3) nxt?

what have I missed?
    once the whole car is done first time - is clay only used as a touch up.

Southern Ontario - outside all the time.
    Also it appears not all products are available at my local (Canadian Tire) so any suggestions for product I will need to try to match to whats available...

TIA

1) Wash
    2) NXT

That's all you need to do with your brand new car.
    FRANK CANNA
    Mirror Finish Detailing
    23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
      1) Wash
      2) NXT

That's all you need to do with your brand new car.
      That is not true. He has to inspect the surface for any imperfections and then deal with that first.

**Remember to use the least abrasive product**

I bought a brand new VW Passat. The car was swirled to hell. Needless to say nothing less then #83 was able to remove the swirls.

Comment

I just did a friend's brand new car: Wash, clay, NXT. You need the clay because you can get bonded contaminents sitting on the dealer lot or in transport. Do a search for "two bucket" to learn the two bucket wash method. With a black car, you'll need it. (Note my avatar!) If you can avoid swirls, you might do just fine detailing later on with clay, Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner, Deep Crystal Polish and NXT. If you develop swirls, there's LOADS of info here on how to fix.

and have fun!
        TwoTooBlack

Because one black car just wasn't enough . . .

Comment

So I get this correct
          1. wash
          2. clay
          3. cleaner
          4. polish
          5. wax

NXT doesn't seem to be at the local so I will look for a NAPA around me or check out wal-mart

thanks

Comment

Unless you accepted delivery of your 'SVT' with paint imperfections, such as swirls, I would not recommend using clay, cleaner and polish on your new car.
            FRANK CANNA
            Mirror Finish Detailing
            23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

When I bought my Lightning I had to clay it, it was sitting on the lot a couple months and was full of bonded contaminates, well worth the time! But other than that you should only really need to wash, clay, wax. If you want to fo the extra mile this is what I have found gives me the best results (as of now) on my Black Lightning:

1. Wash
              2. Clay
              3. Wash
              4. Deep Crystal Pain Cleaner
              5. #81 Hand polish
              6. 2 coats of NXT

Target also has NXT on the shelf, or have CarQuest or NAPA order it for you.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');