• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show Car Glaze #7 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Car Glaze #7 question.

I just did a major paint treatment, wash, Clay, polish cleaner (#80 and #83 in the bad spots), then NXTech Wax x 2. Car was so slick a towel would not stay on it! So for a final touch, I appied #7 Show Car glaze. Now it seems the car has lost it's slick feel. It was even pulling lint out of a brand new micro fiber towel on the second wipe after a first with a Megs extra plush terry. I am wondering if I put too much product on? It still looks great, I will post some pics in a while. Is that normal? Will bugs and stuff still wipe off easily like they will on wax?

Thanks

Pat
    It's gotta be bitchin', it's gotta be low and it's gotta be drivable - Fat Jack

Project Journal
    http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

You should have applied #7 before the NXT, IMO...
    Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Upon further review...

After letting it sit a while longer and going over it a third time with a microfiber, the slickness is back and it looks great. I will post pics in a new thread.

I followed the sequence that Mike Phillips used in his video. I will try it before the wax next time to see if it makes a difference.
      thanks for the reply

Pat
      It's gotta be bitchin', it's gotta be low and it's gotta be drivable - Fat Jack

Project Journal
      http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

You applied the polish AFTER the wax? Hmm, never tried that, but maybe that was the cause. Polish first> Then Wax x 2.

Comment

My understanding of applying a polish after a wax is to allow the polish to shine brightly and clearly (not be obscrubed by any LSP). However, it boosts the appearance temportarly (as in a matter of days) so it would be used for a show or somethign of that nature...
          Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');