• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M16 looks a little funky, still okay to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M16 looks a little funky, still okay to use?

I recently just bought 2 cans of M16 and looked inside the cans and it looks a little weird. I think because it was warm during shipment on the UPS truck it might've caused the product to break down. But maybe if I leave them at room temp. long enough it will look normal (just chunky so I can just flatten it out). Does this look normal being that it's a discontinued product and is it good to use, or just a bad batch? I also saw this thread were a guy with #26 had a similiar problem:
    Problem with #26
    But here are the picks of the cans of #16

Last edited by F-150; Jul 18, 2006, 04:47 PM.

Odds are it was in a warm truck, but I dont think it should be much of a problem. Mines not too much differnt, except for the fact its not quite that melted, just store in a cool dry place and you should be fine. If your unsure, test it out!

Comment

Yeah I live in Arizona, and the package was warm being that it was on the truck during shipment during the hottest part of the day.

Comment

Don't worry, it's just fine. Some of my #16 has looked a lot scarier than that over the years but I never had a problem with it.

Remember to put it on thin thin thin! Spin the applicator pad around on the wax to turn the wax semi-liquid on the pad and then scrape as much wax back *off* the pad as you can before applying to the car; if you can clearly see the wax on the car after it dries you used way too much. A can of #16 oughta last for many years no matter how often you apply it. Most people use a zillion times more than they need and then wonder why it's so hard to buff off.
        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

But yeah I looked inside the cans after leaving them in room temp for a while and they look fine now, just chunky, but the product looks likes it has an even consistency and the moisture on the top and where it puddled kind of sunk in I guess. But thanks for the tip on spinning the applicator pad around and then scraping most of the product off the pad back into the container. I've only used a paste wax once before. I've heard people had problems buffing it off but the trick to make it a breeze to buff off is to apply it very very thin.
          Last edited by F-150; Jul 19, 2006, 04:59 PM.

Comment

They're perfectly fine.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Should be fine. But should they be stored in the heat? I moved mine from the hot grage to the cooler basement just to be safe.
              MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');