• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

carnuba vs synthetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carnuba vs synthetic

what's the main difference between the two. isn't it that some people feel that carnuba based waxes give a better shine?

You get better protection from a synthetic wax don't you?

Really it is just personal preference anymore.

A carnuba might give a bit richer of a look, and a synthetic a glossier look and generaly longer lasting, but the waxes I think keep getting closer and closer to each other in looks and durability.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Also many waxes today are no longer just one or the other. Take for instance Meg's Gold Class wax, this contains both carnauba, as well as polymers (like a sealant). But a "pure" sealant will tend to last the longest.

The biggest part of the look you can achieve, comes from the preparation done before waxing. Although you might be able to "tweak" that look by choosing a different wax.

I think right now there are three different waxes (on separate parts of my car), as I like to try stuff out But I would say that 9 out of 10 people wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
      "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
      - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');