• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Often to Use #80?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Often to Use #80?

Hi,

I've been using Meguiar's prodcuts for years, and am about ready to take the plunge and get the G100.

My question, is that for relatively new cars (2-3 years old), that don't have heavy oxidation, but just need some general swirl and wax work, how often should #80 be used?

Should it be used yearly? Every spring do the clay, 80, nxt wax routine? Or is that too often and it should be used every other year?

I know if varies per vehicle, but how many #80s can be applied before your through the clear and down to the paint?

Thanks,

Clark

You could apply it every month or two for years.....

How often do you like to detail?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks,

Usually twice per year. Once in the spring after the snow is gone, and once in the fall before I put the car away.

Clark

Comment

Oh you are plenty safe....

Comment

How about 83? Just want to make sure I don't go through the clear!

Comment

#83 is very safe, maybe this link will help some:

Measuring Clear Coat Thickness

While you could use #83 safely for a long time, if you have to use it often (once a year being pretty minimal), then the problem is you are putting a lot of swirls in your car somehow, and you should look into solving that problem.

Give this thread a read as well, it deals with some car washing tools to help keep swirls down:

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

Comment

That should be a must read for everybody!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');