• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying 16 by PC, how hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying 16 by PC, how hard

Been doing it by hand. Want to try PC, I have a new 9006 pad. How much do I put on and how far can one go on one app?
    Will remove by PC as well.
    Is there any tricks....
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

I apply #16 by machine almost exclusively.

Once you get the wax on the pad (either by srunching up the pad and rubbing it against the wax or by applying the wax with some kind of tool), distribute the wax evenly on the pad. Then (very important) scrape as much wax as you can back off the pad. You don't need *nearly* as much as you might expect.

Depending on how much wax you have on the pad, I wouldn't be surprised if you could do numerous panels before you have to add more wax. The hood and most of the front fenders of a large sedan shouldn't be any problem at all and you can probably do the front bumper cover too (but I'm kinda a fanatic about thin applications so YMMV).

Most people use a zillion times more wax than they need to- judge how well you rationed it by inspecting the pad when you're finished: if you can get an appreciable amount of wax out of the pad when the job's complete, then you used way too much.

I use speed 4-4.5 and I try to spread the wax over as large an area as I can.

FWIW, if your paint is hard enough that an 8006 pad won't mar it (not unusual by any means), you might prefer that pad for this application. I don't really like super-soft, super-fine porosity pads for this job, but IMO it's just a personal preference.
    Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');