• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Hard to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Hard to remove

I have a bottle of NXT tech Wax that I bought a couple of months ago. Its been a while since I last used it, but today I used it on a section of my truck adn it seemed a lot harder to remove, the bottle did sit for a while but I shook it very well before I applied it.

I was just wondering if this is a prob or not. The wax did its job, it was just hard to remove from previous applications.

The most common reason for difficulty in removing would be using too much product, not letting it fully cure or not preparing the surface properly.

Comment

well I dont use too much I barely put any on adn the surface is properly cleaned, its after I wait 12hrs that its really hard to remove.

I read from here that you have to wait 12 hrs to make sure the wax as fully cured, I have a feeling that I took this wrong, or did I

Comment

Umm, I'm not sure that I've read a definite cure time on here, where was that??

I just use the finger swipe method. If I can lightly drag my finger across the unremoved wax, and wipe it off easily, then it is ready to be removed.

I would then proceed to apply my next coat.

Just my 2 cents.

Comment

You should not be waiting 12 hours to remove the wax. I think this is where we have "cured" as in hazed over in about 20 minutes or so, and "cured" as in the synthetic polymers fully set up and bonded to the paint confused.
          You should be applying the wax and letting it remain on the paint for about 20 minutes, depending on several variables it could be a little longer, and then removing using high quality towels of your choice. After that, you would want to wait 12 hours before applying a second coat or using any type of mist-and-wipe quick detailing spray.
          Last edited by RedSoxRacer; Jul 23, 2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Ah I see where I goofed, thanks for the help

Comment

I think that #21 can be left to dry over night, i did it once and the results were very good. It wasn't hard to wipe off and there was no streaking!
              Patrick Yu
              2003 Honda Accord
              2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');