• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

painted motorhome detail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painted motorhome detail?

Hey everyone!! I have a question about detailing a motorhome. A friend of mine is looking to purchase a brand new motorhome and asked me if i knew about detailing them. I said no, but I Knew who to ask!!! It is going to be a painted model(no vinyl stickers) and 38 feet long. does anyone here have one or possibly detail these behemoths?! I saw Joe's(Superior Shine) post from a while back on the Diplomat(very nice job!!), but was wondering if anyone does this or has this done on a regular basis. I assume those big truck washes will only wash the rigs and pay little attention to details. Any costs or prices would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I've only detailed one Motorhome in my entire detailing career and one was enough!

Here's some tips though...

1) Barry always says,

"Frequent car care is easy car care"

It's also fast car care!

So your friend need to,

"Find something he likes and use it often"

Or find something he likes and have you apply it and take care of this new Motorhome on a regular basis to keep it like new. Letting it go will create a lot of work, keeping it up will make it easy and fast.

Does that make sense?

2) Only use the G100 Dual Action Polisher for machine polishing, you just can't beat the results of a machine applied polish or wax. Don't let the finish ever degrade to the point where you would have to use a rotary buffer on it, this will create a lot of work in the way of having to do a multi-step process to restore the finish to new condition.

3) Choose a high quality car wash and car wax to wash and maintain the finish on this Motorhome. When it comes to large items like a Motorhome, the thing you'll do the most is wash it and wax it, so choose quality products and stick to maintenance plan.

For the tires, you want to choose a tire dressing with an Antiozonant like the type Meguiar's uses in our tire dressings. Motorhomes tend to only be driven once in a while, thus the tires will sit still and this can cause them to deteriorate as the rubber is actually designed to refresh itself through use. If you're not using the tires, (driving on them), then they will deteriorate, so find a tire dressing you like and use it often also.

You're going to want to invest in some type of scaffolding or aluminum steps to reach the high areas also.

Hope this helps...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you Mike!

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');