• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT spray wax white powder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT spray wax white powder

I just picked up a bottle of NXT spray wax and could hardly wait to try it out. I applied a couple of squirts to a new cloth and wiped it on a small section of the hood. After letting it dry to a haze, I buffed it off with a clean towel only to get far too much white powder residue. Is this normal with the mentioned product? It reminded me of when I was much younger and tried waxing my first car with a cheap can of paste wax. I'm not knocking the product.....just curious if perhaps I got an old bottle or something. I even shook it very well before and during use. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,
    CaddyDaddy

My guess would be too much product. A "couple of squirts" would probably be enough to cover most all of the hood. With the spray NXT I like to apply it with the cloth covered applicator (can't remember hte official name offhand) that looks like a bar of soap.

Mort

Comment

Hi John,

Doesn't sound right? After shaking the bottle really well, it's a good practice to clear the pipes by giving a good strong spray or two off to the side or in a garbage can and then after clearing the spray tube, now apply some to the face of a clean, folded microfiber or applicator pad such as one of our foam applicator pads or our Even Coat microfiber applicator pads and then using this to apply th wax to the panel.

remember, spread on a thin, uniform coat.

If you can, bring this bottle of NXT Spray Wax to Meguiar's this Wednesday night for "Meguiar's Garage" and we'll check it out and see what's happening.

I'll create the sign-up thread right now.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I had the same experience with the spray wax. I applied it with Meg's foam applicatior (yellow applicator). I sprayed into the applicator and the applied to finish. I let the wax completely haze over and buffed after performing a swipe test.

The car just shined but I later found "remnants" that turned white in small cracks, crevices, and some just in the middle of a panel. It was strange. The cracks and crevices I can understand (I figured that I just didn't wipe thoroughly). However, the white residue in the middle of a panel shouldn't have happened. I buffed thoroughly with a Supreme Shine MF towel and there was no spot missed for sure.

I chalked it up (no pun intended) to me putting too much on. I plan on putting another layer of spray was on next time I wash the car. I'll be even more thorough this time and see it if still occurs.

Can I spray the spray wax directly onto a mf towel and the wipe on the wax to ensure a thin coat? I would then wipe it off after it hazed. The reason why I mention this is because the local stores (Kmart, Autozone) are out of the mf applicators and I have trouble holding onto the small foam applicators.

Comment

I should also add that I did NOT have this residue issue with the NXT liquid wax. I applied that via PC with a finishing pad, let dry, wiped with a mf towel. Absolutely amazing results, super shine, slickness, couldn't have been happier with the liquid wax.

It was that great experience that left me wondering if the spray wax or my technique applying it was at fault.

Comment

Hey guys,

Thanks for all of your feedback. I've since tried it again, only this time applying a very, very thin coat and didn't get as much white residue. I may have gotten trigger happy the first round. Again, I have to tell myself, more is NOT better. Oh yeah, Mike I'll try my best to come down this Wed. night, but work is crazy at the moment. So hopefully I'll see you soon, but if not, take it easy in this heat and I'll get down there sometime soon.

John

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');