• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Need help locating a product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need help locating a product

Years ago, (perhaps 15 - 20 ) there was an item on the market commonly known as tire paint. This stuff was put on with a brush. It left a nice sheen on the tires and it stayed on for weeks. None of the local auto parts has even heard of such a thing.
    Anyone here remember it or know where to buy it.
    I've always been crazy...
    It keeps me from going insane!

Knew of something called Tire Black. Application was as you say. Made by DuPont. Seem to recall still seeing it around though.Could be wrong.

Comment

About a week ago I was at O'reilly auto parts and they had tire pain markers in various colors, used to color in letters. Is that what you are looking for?

Perhaps you are looking for a quality tire dressing?
      Gold Class Endurance
      All Season Dressing
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Sure, I remember it well. It's still available but I think mostly used by tire retreaders and such. I remember using it years ago because the only other option we had to gloss up tires was sugar water. Tire paint lasted a very long time but was not very glossy, it did make the tires nice a black though. You could even get white for white walls.

I did a Google search, turned up plenty of sources. Search "tire paint" with quotes and you'll find plenty. Here's one http://www.millertire.com/repairs.asp
        Leo

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');