• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overspray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overspray

Sorry no pics, I'm pretty sure I have some white overspray on my car. I tried quick clay a couple of times but it's not removing all of it.

What's the next step?

would a more agressive clay work?

Should I try some 80 or something else with the DA?

bump

Comment

You could use the more aggressive clay, or you could try some Body Solvent or a bug and tar remover and let it sit for a while to break down the overspray.

Comment

Re: Overspray

Originally posted by SOLDSHORT
        Sorry no pics, I'm pretty sure I have some white overspray on my car. I tried quick clay a couple of times but it's not removing all of it.

What's the next step?

would a more agressive clay work?

Should I try some 80 or something else with the DA?
        I'd give it a try! I'm not sure why claying wouldn't work.
        So if it's available to you grab some #80 and see what you can do. Just try it in one area, and if you can remove the oversrpray in one area, move onto the rest.
        Never argue with an Idiot.. They'll only drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience..

Comment

In the picture below, you will see a young man using our aggressive clay from our Professional Line to remove what appeared to be rail dust, or something like it. We started with our fine grade clay in our Consumer Line and while it removed 99.9% of whatever these above surface bonded contaminants were, it would not remove about .1% of them. When we switched over to our aggressive clay it completely removed these little stubborn specs on his car's paint.

Just to note, it is important to use a balanced amount of pressure when claying, sometimes at our Saturday classes, we have people learning to clay that don't use enough pressure and thus leave some bonded contaminants behind. It's all part of the learning process.

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');