• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#7 VS #5...what's the difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #7 VS #5...what's the difference?

What's the difference(if any) between #7 show car glaze and #5 new car glaze? I've been using #7 for years, but also saw #5 at local Riebe's store.
    Any difference?

#5 is formulated for warmer climates (whatever that means). I have both. #5 is green and smells different than #7. I find it dries faster, meaning you need to remove it quicker after application. #5 is a younger cousin to #7. You wouldn't benefit from having one over the other, though people will probably tell you 7 is better. This is one of the problems with Meg's--too much stuff. They keep the old stuff and at the same time, replace it with new stuff.

Comment

This thread does a good job of explaining the differences in the polishes...

Comment

Supercharged,

# 5 and # 7 both fall into the pure polish category. While they are similar they are also a tad bit different.

#7 pure polish designed for hand, orbital, p/c application

#5 pure polish designed for hand, orbital, p/c and rotary application.

The biggest difference in the two is # 5 was designed for "humid" climates, which means, it tend to dry a bit quicker under high humidity conditions. When you have high humidity, # 7 can be a bit difficult to remove, therefore the launch of # 5...

But keep in mind, if your in a dry area (maybe AZ for example), you will definitely want to use # 7 because #5 would dry too fast !!!

We hope this help clear up the 2

Mike
        Mike Pennington
        Director of Global Training, Events and Consumer Relations
        Meguiar's, Inc.
        800-854-8073
        mpennington@meguiars.com

Comment

Thanks, everybody. I will stick with #7 then.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');