• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Color X: when to use in detail process and whats its purpose??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color X: when to use in detail process and whats its purpose??

Have never used nor heard of until visiting ADS, what exactly does it do? does it replace your regular polish in your detailing process or can you use both??

from what i have read it is something that would be used on olders cars where color has faded...

I have a 92 chevy lumina where the paint has faded and i am waiting on some stuff i ordered from ADS along w/ the G-100 to see if i can restore the color, should i also get some Color X?

any help will be appreciated

thanks

2004 Mazda6s Blazing Copper w/ Mods...

ColorX actualy works great on old and new cars. It leaves a really nice look behind on all kinds of paint.

It is a cleaner/wax, or more appropriately, a cleaner/polish/wax. So, it can either be used as a stand alone product, or kind of worked ino the middle of your routine.

Something like this:

1. Wash
    2. Clay as needed
    3. ScratchX tough spots if needed
    4. ColorX
    5. Wax - I like to top ColorX if I have time to get the recomended 2 coats of wax. But you dont have to.

Now, if you ordered the G-100, #83 + #80 + wax + wax will probably leave a nicer finish behind, and remove more defects, but those are the tradeoffs with an all-in-one product.
    Last edited by Murr1525; Aug 1, 2006, 08:22 AM.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');