• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streaking

Quick question,
    I always use nxt tec liquid wax and always have a hard time getting it of. When im done going in circular motion (applying) i let it dry for approx 15-20 min then start buffing away. I get the top layer of but can see streaking on the paint. It takes alot of elbow grease to get the streaks out. Is there a easier way to get the wax of?
    The results are amazing though
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Antonio; Aug 2, 2006, 03:53 PM.

Does it pass the swipe test before you try removal? If so, it may be just a tad too much product....it's easy to get more on than is necessary.

Mort

Comment

You mean taking my finger and swiping to see if the wax comes of easy? I always do that before i start removing the wax. Its really hard and even right now after about 1h of whiping there is still spots with streaks. I found that parking it in direct sunlight usually "warms" it up and allows me to remove those hard to get streaks. Im sure there is a easier way and i would really like to know how.
      Thanks for the help in advance.

Heres a result pic:

Last edited by Antonio; Aug 2, 2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Antonio

You may want to do a search here on the website. I do not know how to attach a thread on here or else I would place it here. There is a long thread on here titled something like "oily streaking issues" and it contains several people that have had issues with #21 as well as NXT wax leaving an oily streaky finish after removal. I know that Meguiars determined that there was a defective batch of #21 and they are replacing the defective containers of 21 but I'm not sure if there was a defect with the NXT or not. Even if there was not a discovered issue with the NXT, at the end of the thread (maybe within the last 2-3 pages) a Meguiars rep posted some valuable info as to how to alleviate some of the streaking issues. You would benefit by trying to find the thread. Maybe someone else reading this can post the link to the thred here for you and you can access it directly from here. If not just try to fing it by searching. Hope you find some answers.....

Comment

Thanks, i will do the search and see what i find.

I had my last bottle of nxt liq for about 4 months, it was the older looking bottle. I just got a new bottle today with the new design(amped) and i assume its the same ingredients just a redesigned lable. I dont think its defective because my last bottle did the same exact thing. The next coat im putting on goes friday so i will post a picture of it.

Comment

Have you tried alittle QD to get them out?
            Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty with stuff

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Live on the edge... try something new, try NXT Tech Wax 2

Comment

funny u should mention using quik detailer to ge them out, the other day i went to quik detail my car, it was barely dusty, and it left the same streaks behind all over the car ,and i had to rub and rub to get some of them out, other it only lightened the streaks but it made my perfectly fine wax job i did a few days ago, look terribly streaked...

any ideas why?
              "that car is dirty"

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');