• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#00 Hi- Tech vs. Gold Class wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #00 Hi- Tech vs. Gold Class wash

I bought some #00 to use as a lube for claying/wetsanding, and decided to do a little comparison.
    I mixed up a bucket of both solutions using eyeball measurments.
    The car was recently waxed with #16 i washed half the car with GC and half with #00, I noteced a few things:
    -#00 felt more slipery when running my chanelle mitt across the car
    - GC foams up alot more and I think offers more cleaning power
    -when rinsing, SLIGHTLY less water remains on the surface washed with GC and the #00 side forms SLIGHTLY more beads that are charicteristic of #16, this leads me to beleve #00 is more gentle on LSP's. I think if you wash you car regularly and only need to remove light dust/dirt then #00 would fit the bill, also I think diffrent water affects products diffrently, so your milage may vary
    VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

I only use #00 or #62 on my and will not use any other shampoos on it (Meguiar's or not). I would even say for a test try washing a black car with a ship skin mitt same half with #00 and same half with GC. Take a look at your finish after about 5-6 weekly washes and you will see why I stay with professional line.

Comment

Oh? how does the lubrication and cleaning power of #62 compair to GC and #00?
      VTEC: all the lag, none of the turbo

Comment

Cleaning power is about the same, lubricity in #62 is better. That's why #62 cost more. Remember - high lubricity is one of the most important keys to a swirl free wash!

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');