• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to clean windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean windows

I'm curious to know what you guys do to make the glass clear and streak free. Dirty windows are not a good way to impress a customer, so I'm wondering what will give me the best results. Thanks!
    Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

I user Meguiars's glass cleaner and a microfiber towel

no streaks
    2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2007 Toyota 4Runner

Comment

Yeah, the Nxt Glass Cleaner and a MF towel is great.

One trigger spray is all it takes for side windows, maybe 2-3 for windshield and rear windows. Using too much cleaner gets you streaks.

Also, RainX tends to remove any streaks left behind on exterior glass, if you ever follow up with that.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've been taught a 100% effective way to remove streaks. What you want to do is first spray the window with glass cleaner (Meguiar's preferred of course). Then wipe back and fourth numerous times with a damp towel. When your done with the damp towel come back and dry the window with a micro fiber towel, again numerous times. Once the window appears dry flip the micro fiber towel over and continue to dry back and fourth. The second pass (flipped-over) of the micro fiber towel will polish the window. It will look perfect!

Comment

NXT glass cleaner, microfiber towel. Keep flipping to a clean side.

Comment

I use NXT, with two MF towels. One for first pass, it will get somewhat damp, and then a final pass towel.

Comment

Glass Cleaner

Although I am a great Meguiars fan, for windows I use Stoner's "Invisible Glass". It is by far the best window cleaner I have ever used!!
              Sentrarob

Comment

Re: Glass Cleaner

Originally posted by sentrarob
                Although I am a great Meguiars fan, for windows I use Stoner's "Invisible Glass". It is by far the best window cleaner I have ever used!!
                I was a die-hard Invisible Glass guy too - but once I tried NXT Glass Cleaner I was over it in a heartbeat.

If you have not tried NXT Glass Cleaner, please try it - I highly doubt you will go back to Invisible Glass.
                Nate Williams
                N.E.W.car Mobile Detailing

Comment

I also use NXT Glass Cleaner and it's awesome. I have never had a problem with it leaving streaks. I even made my mom try it when she was cleaning windows and mirrors inside the house and she loved it too.
                  '96 Honda Prelude

www.vbautodetailing.com

Comment

Originally posted by jpierre
                    I've been taught a 100% effective way to remove streaks. What you want to do is first spray the window with glass cleaner (Meguiar's preferred of course). Then wipe back and fourth numerous times with a damp towel. When your done with the damp towel come back and dry the window with a micro fiber towel, again numerous times. Once the window appears dry flip the micro fiber towel over and continue to dry back and fourth. The second pass (flipped-over) of the micro fiber towel will polish the window. It will look perfect!
                    I pretty much do the same as noted above. NXT Glass Cleaner with two towels-one damp the other dry for final wiping. I purchased the Megs Duo-Fiber towels with the blue satin edging. They are made specifically for glass and work great. The results are pretty amazing with NXT and the duo fibers. I usually pick up an extra bottle for my wife. The funny thing is that I like using the NXT glass cleaner so much I find my self attacking some of the windows in our home just to keep proving how well it works to my wife (even though she is already sold on it.) I think she thinks I'm nuts.

I do apply Rain X on my windows periodically. I am suprised Megs does not come out with a product to compete with Rain X.

Comment

I have been using the Detailer line for all my glass cleaning. It works great in the house also. Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate easily and consistently removes tough vinyl fog residue, road grime, smoker's film and bug splatter, producing crystal clear, streak-free glass. This size will last you forever. You will never have to buy glass cleaner agian.

Comment

What works really good is straight up water and a lint free and a microfiber rag. You take the water in a good spritz bottle, and just get the window misted and wipe it with the microfiber rag till its dry, if its still dirty repeat it. Then repeat the same as before but use a lent free rag.

I use glass cleaner sometimes, but if you get a window clean while you wash the car, straight up water does fine and leaves no streaks with some practice.

Comment

clean glass

we use the duo fiber towells, the detailers line of glass cleaner,but i do not spray the glass. i wet one towell with glass cleaner ,then clean the glass and finish with a dry towell.
                          i hate doing windows,but this works well.
                          m3 mike

Comment

Originally posted by corvetmike
                            I have been using the Detailer line for all my glass cleaning. It works great in the house also. Meguiar's Glass Cleaner Concentrate easily and consistently removes tough vinyl fog residue, road grime, smoker's film and bug splatter, producing crystal clear, streak-free glass. This size will last you forever. You will never have to buy glass cleaner agian.

I agree. I like the detailer line alot. You can't beat the price and it works great. I've never use NXT glass cleaner but I have used Stoner's. Stoner's is really good but so is the detailer line.

The detailer line has a little more working time on a hot window. You can't always wait till your windows are cool to clean them. I find that Stoner's dries very quickly (which under normal conditions contributes to less streaking.) However, fast drying is not that great for because I tend to wash and clean my car in full sun (no garage or open shade/trees.) The longer work time of the detailer line lets me clean the windows more thoroughly.

The grape smell is pretty good too.

Comment

Am I doing something wrong/harmful? I use 70% isopropyl alcohol with a MF cloth. Fast, simple, effective. Very few passes. None of this wipe back forth stuff I see in posts above.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');