• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harsh Weather, #7, then NXT liquid Wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harsh Weather, #7, then NXT liquid Wax?

Hello, I leave my car outside all year around, my car gets really dusty after a days of driving.....what combonation do you prefer for protection for a clean car outside (harsh elements....etc....)

what I do is just wax my car with NXT Liquid Wax every two weeks if I can.....

what will give it more protection and that "pop" in color....
    the color of my car is dark blue.......

will using #7 help before the NXT Liquid wax? or should I use something else for proctection before the final waxing step?

please help.....Thank you

Personaly, I would:

1. Wash
    2. Clay if needed
    3. ColorX
    4. Nxt Wax or #21
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

^what he said.

Keep in mind, #7 offers no protection. Its just a polish. I would def give it a shot!

#7, then two coats of NXT should do the trick. (of coures clay if needed, cleaner,etc)
      2003 Toyota Celica GT- Silver Streak Mica

Comment

whats similiar to #7 but with "protection"?

what is a Polish like #7 but will offer Protection for the harsh weather elements? I will then do a last step with NXT LiquidWax

Comment

GC (gold class) has some polish in it, and offers protection.

Comment

I think you might be using #7 to try and accomplish the wrong thing....

What were you trying to use the #7 to do? Also, are you working by hand or machine?

On a car parked outside, that you want to keep up, keeping the paint clean is most important, as is uniform protection from 2 coats of wax. Using the right paint cleaner will also allow you to remove the swirl marks you will pick up over time. #7 is a pure polish, and thus does none of those things.

I doubt that you want to do a 6 step process every week or two, but 4 basic steps is quite doable more often.

1. Wash
            2. Clay if needed
            3. Clean - Deep Crystal #1 or ScratchX by hand
            4. Polish - #7
            5. Wax - Nxt is a good wax to use
            6. Wax - Remember, 2 thin coats is best.

Or:

1. Wash
            2. Clay if needed
            3. ColorX
            4. Nxt

Comment

Iam applying by hand.
              I will try and do these steps. Let me know if its the proper way.

1. wash car
              2. Deep Crystal #1 Cleaner
              3. #7 Polish
              4. NXT LiquidWax

will this keep the car from harsh elements since the car is not garaged? thanks.....

p.s. also, if you can let me know what other products will protect from the harsh weather elements.....Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by rclab1
                Iam applying by hand.
                I will try and do these steps. Let me know if its the proper way.

1. wash car
                2. Deep Crystal #1 Cleaner
                3. #7 Polish
                4. NXT LiquidWax

will this keep the car from harsh elements since the car is not garaged? thanks.....

p.s. also, if you can let me know what other products will protect from the harsh weather elements.....Thank you
                1.) Wash and Dry
                2.) Smooth surface Clay kit
                3.) DC1 cleaner
                4.) DC2 or #7 polish
                5.) Wax x2

Comment

I am noticing a very strong affintiy for #7? Just a favorite product?

With using a pure polish, it is going to make extra steps for yourself to get best results, which is ok, as long as you are aware of it. You can see the difference bettween a 'full' detail and a shorter ColorX detail. Or even do a full detail 2 -3 times a year, and ColorX + Wax in between. Just different options, have to pick what works for you.

As Mike said, 2 coats of wax, like Nxt or #21 or topping ColorX are best, and will last you 3 or 4 weeks at least.

To redo all the steps every week or so will not be nessacery, but a weekly wash and spray wax is a nice touch.

How to Get Great Results Using Meguiar's Spray Waxes

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');