• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most durable Meguiars wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most durable Meguiars wax?

Hello, I have a question about which wax Meguiars sells that offers longest lasting protection? I dont get near the chance to detail my cars as I used to, and Id like to use a product that gives the MOST protection for the LONGEST amount of time. I am willing to give up some of the ultimate shine (blasphemy?? LOL).

This would be red and black cars in hot/humid Atlanta, neither of which get the privilege of staying in the garage.

Thanks in advance,
    Stephen
    07 Fit Sport
    06 CR-V EX
    97 ITR

I've heard that #21 lasts for a long time. I think NXT too, thought not too sure bout that.

Comment

NXT or #21
      Watch your pennies and your dollars will take care of themself.

Comment

Maybe a little edge to #21.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ive used both quite often and in my opion i like the #21 synthetic sealant .When i do my own personal vehicles i leave it on overnight and it comes off so easy. The results are amazing and the longevity of the product is really good as well.
          RZ AutoDetailing

My Gallery

Comment

Re: Most durable Meguiars wax?

Originally posted by StephenT
            Hello, I have a question about which wax Meguiars sells that offers longest lasting protection?
            i believe nxt has been the proven one to megs chemist...

Comment

I too believe that according to Megs that NXT is the longer lasting, though this could be just hearsay. However, I applied NXT and #21 to my wife's daily driver. I like the #21 better because to me #21 seemed to last longer. Not scientific but this was by observing how the water sheets off after every wash and how easy the dirt seemed to come off during the wash. Bug splatters seemed to clean easier as well.

Cheers!
              My Black '05 GTO

The3dwizard at DAZ3D Productions

Comment

Originally posted by the3dwizard
                I too believe that according to Megs that NXT is the longer lasting, though this could be just hearsay. However, I applied NXT and #21 to my wife's daily driver. I like the #21 better because to me #21 seemed to last longer. Not scientific but this was by observing how the water sheets off after every wash and how easy the dirt seemed to come off during the wash. Bug splatters seemed to clean easier as well.

Cheers!

The #21 seems to last longer than NXT to me also. If you use the NXT you need to do more maintenance with Speed Detailer which is very quick and easy to use BTW. Both are very good products.

Bugs and tar do seem to be easier to remove from the surfaces sealed with #21.

RamAirV1
                2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

#16 wax IMO destroys both #21 and NXT in durablity..
                  Let's make all of the cars shiny!

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                    I dont think you can get it anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by TH0001
                      Meguiar's no longer sells #16.

It has been stated on this board by Meguiar's that NXT is "still" the most durable wax they sell.

Comment

I thought #26 lasted longer than NXT. For the winter I apply 1 coat of #20 and 2 coats of #26. This winter my car will get 1 coat of #20, 2 coats of #21 and 1 coat of #26
                        Patrick Yu
                        2003 Honda Accord
                        2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

I currently use 26 now, and while I love the look that it gives, it doesnt seem to last as long as Id like. Hoping there is a longer lasting one out there.
                          07 Fit Sport
                          06 CR-V EX
                          97 ITR

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');