• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...a silly Body Duster question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK...a silly Body Duster question!

This will seem silly...but I want to know before ordering...

I understand that Meg's Body Duster is treated with paraffin. My question is...I want to keep this stored in the trunk of my car. It's a long walk out to my carport where I live, and I'd rather not have to walk the duster back into the house every morning, but just toss into my trunk (my trunk is kept clean). So....if it's 90 degrees out, will the paraffin melt while the duster is in my trunk?

Won't get hot enough to run, BUT it will streak your car if you use it hot.
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

You might want to wrap it in newspaper for 24 hours to get the excess wax off, remember it is for dusting and not for cleaning, when I use mine i just have the tip touch the surface of the car to get the dust off. Good Luck with yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Newport Viper
        Won't get hot enough to run, BUT it will streak your car if you use it hot.

"Won't get hot enough to run..." *in the trunk*, you mean? I know not to use it on a hot vehicle, and to use a light touch when I use it. I specifically want to know if anything would happen to it on a very hot day, while it is stored in the trunk.

Comment

I keep mine in the garage but it's been over 100 out there and no problems. It comes with a vinyl carrying case so I don't think that even if the waxx started to melt it would damage your trunk surface(s).

Mort

Comment

Thanks for the info, Mort!

Comment

Re: OK...a silly Body Duster question!

I just bought a Body Duster for my father for X-mas, and it seems to be "less waxy" than the other guys duster which I use and is two or three years old.

Is this normal ? Or am I just remembering the other one to be stickier than it actually was ?

Glenn
              Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

melting point of paraffin is 125 F (plus or minus a couple degrees). also due to material state properties, the wax will stay at melting temp until its all at 125, then it will increase in temp. (kinda like how water will stay at 212 no matter how much heat you add, then the water turns to steam, where it can of course increase in temperature)
                Lancer Evolution VIII
                I4T

Comment

I haven't tried the Body Duster but I use a feather duster very light on my car when it has a layer of dust. Does anyone think this will scratch the clear coat??

Comment

Originally posted by Asaf View Post
                    I haven't tried the Body Duster but I use a feather duster very light on my car when it has a layer of dust. Does anyone think this will scratch the clear coat??
                    It might. A car duster can be had here for about $10 on sale, cheap insurance.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');