• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

planing my first detailing job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planing my first detailing job

Hey guys this is my first time trying to do this and would like to hear what u guys think. I have a 2005 silver rolla and Ive always taken good care of it but ive began to see swirl mark starting to show so im planing to do a little detailing work. So here it goes:

1- Nxt Wash
    2- Clay the entire car
    3- DC #1 with yellow pad
    4- DC #2(polish) with yellow pad
    5- Nxt liquid wax x2 with White pad (terry)

First actual Q, since my car is silver should I use the DC #2(polish) the description says for dark colored cars.
    Second Q if I see that I need Scrath-X after what step or before what step should I use it.
    Please let me know if I should add anything or do something diff.
    Any tips would be very welcomed.
    Thanks

Welcome to MOL Eddy!

Sounds like everything you need to clean your car up nicely is there.

On your question about using DC2 on your silver paint, it will do great on either light or dark colored cars. It shows more on the darker cars, but your silver will really glow with it too.

On your second question about the ScratchX, I would do that after you have clayed the car. That way you are getting straight to the defect and not through a bunch of contaminants on your paint.

I would suggest you using the "Two Bucket" system to prevent the dirt from your dirty car embedding in your mitt. You have one bucket with your soap solution and the other with just clean water to rinse out your mitt after each section you wash. Get some "Grit Guards" from ADS (Auto Detailing Solutions) They go in the bottom of a standard 5 gallon bucket and keep the dirty at the bottom of your bucket and being redistributed back to your mitt.

Post some pictures up when you get done...before and after.
    Last edited by rascal; Aug 13, 2006, 06:25 PM.
    2016 Focus ST

Comment

Hey great to know im not that lost, one other Q could I wash the car again after claying or should i do it after DC#2. Hey thanks for the info and this is truely a great site.

Comment

After you wash and clay, you don't have to rewash the car again. After your done claying the car, hit the spots that you want with ScratchX. When your done with that just apply DC2, wipe off and then apply your NXT wax. Of course the DC2 will not dry to a haze like wax, you work the DC2 in the paint and then wipe off with a clean cotton terry or Microfiber towel.
        Last edited by rascal; Aug 13, 2006, 07:34 PM.
        2016 Focus ST

Comment

Another quick note:

When you apply your wax make sure you do two thin coats. After you apply the first coat give it some time to setup. You can do a "swipe test" to see if it has dried/setup. Take a clean finger and do a quick swipe in the wax. If it's shows clean paint then it has setup properly. If show hazy streaks then it needs a little longer to dry and setup.
          2016 Focus ST

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');