• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help a noob out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a noob out

well i'm new to this and this is my step on to cleaning my car and it doesnt shine that well!

Wash it down with water all around
    wash it with turtle wax soap
    than wax it with turtle wax!
    and i'm done!

but i saw in the SHOW IT OFF forum people had really crazy shine on there car without no swiwles!!! and i got a lot of **** on my front bumper which won't come off. so what products should i purchase to get a good clean shine and not expensive. my car is in the sigs not updated too often thanx!
    My Dub! The Dub!!

and + i have a huge Get-To-Gether this week so i need to show off the car with a bang!
    My Dub! The Dub!!

Comment

to the forum.

First off your sig isn't working, second... turtle wax . Well my procedure is, wash my car with nxt car wash, clay it with meguiars detailing clay, use the pc with m80 on it.(m83 if it needs a lil more work). Then put a coat of wax of ntx on it. I'm a lil tired so its short but to the point. Any questions just ask. Them steps put a shine on my car.

Comment

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Step 1 Wash

Step 2 Clean

Step 3 Polish

Step 4 Protect

Step 5 Maintain

Suggested Products for Taking Care of a New Car

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Well, if you need a quick solution, try this:

1. Wash - Nxt or Gold Class Wash, good quality sponges/towels, and the 2-bucket system.

2. Clay - Clay the car with the Smooth Surface Detailing Kit.

3. ColorX - This is a good cleaner/wax that will help speed things up for you. Work it in very well.

4. Wax - I like #21, but Nxt or Gold Class or #26 are also good choices.

Comment

well thanx guys for the feedback, i went to pep boys and got me the 3 step formula!! i'll try it on friday and get some snap shots of it. later!
            My Dub! The Dub!!

Comment

The DC System is great, and will produce a great look for the money.

Just remember thatthe DC#1 is a fairly mild cleaner, and while you should work it in well, it isnt going to be as good for removing swirls as ScratchX.

But, with only 3 days to go , lets just get you on your way to a good shine. You can worry about the details before the next show..

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');