• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safe to Use with the PC 7424?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe to Use with the PC 7424?

I will soon hopefully be receiving a PC 7242 machine Now as this has cost quite a bit and i have a load of hand application products i would like to know if the following are safe for use with the PC

DC Step 1 - Paint Cleaner
    DC Step 2 - Polish
    ScratchX

As and when i think of other products i have i'll post them up if thats ok, many thanks in advance!

Good question. I don't know the answer, but I am in the same boat as you.
    You left out licking the water off. Oh, wait a minute, that's my cat, not my car. Uh, I mean my cat licks himself dry. I don't lick my cat dry. Or my car. -PC.

Comment

Re: Safe to Use with the PC 7424?

Originally posted by mattwelcer
      I will soon hopefully be receiving a PC 7242 machine Now as this has cost quite a bit and i have a load of hand application products i would like to know if the following are safe for use with the PC

DC Step 1 - Paint Cleaner
      DC Step 2 - Polish
      ScratchX

As and when i think of other products i have i'll post them up if thats ok, many thanks in advance!
      Yes, all three are safe to use with the PC (assuming that the ScratchX is the new version, formulated for use w/ the PC).

Now, have you purchased any pads yet?

Comment

DC Paint Cleaner and DC Paint Polish are safe to use with the PC, I have used them many times with my PC and have had very good results.... Now for the ScratchX when it initially was introduced it was not recommended to use with a PC (it would gum up with a PC) but it seems to me it has been recently formulated for use with a PC, maybe someone else can confirm this for sure.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Thanks for the answers, i'll check my bottle of ScratchX before i decide to use it!

As to pads i got a kit as it were that included pads from the Sonus SFX range and i also got some smaller pads for tight areas and specific spot polishing!

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
            DC Paint Cleaner and DC Paint Polish are safe to use with the PC, I have used them many times with my PC and have had very good results.... Now for the ScratchX when it initially was introduced it was not recommended to use with a PC (it would gum up with a PC) but it seems to me it has been recently formulated for use with a PC, maybe someone else can confirm this for sure.
            Yes, the ScratchX is for sure safe with the PC.

Comment

Ahh another product that has just sprung to mind, what about the NXT Metal Polish? I now have large 5 spoke Audi TT poilished wheels, could i used the PC to apply the metal polish to the large flat arears or continue to do this by hand?

Once again many thanks!

Comment

Re: Re: Safe to Use with the PC 7424?

Originally posted by matt colvin
                Yes, all three are safe to use with the PC (assuming that the ScratchX is the new version, formulated for use w/ the PC).
                As of the middle of July, I believe Meguiar's stance was they do not recommend using ScratchX by machine. I do not think the "new" formula for use with the PC has been released yet...
                You may find that it works perfectly fine for you, but I don't think the reformulated version is out yet. Maybe Mike P. will let us know.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');