• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The right combination of products?? (#21, #26, #7, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The right combination of products?? (#21, #26, #7, etc)

Hallo allemaal,

I am trying to find out what product i should buy next. I treated my car togehter with a friend with his #80 and #21. Myself have still some left overs of NXT Tech Wax en a few drops of Soft Wash, so new products need to be bought!

My question is if the products below make a logical combination which is usefull/possible (synthetics\oils\polymers\etc.) Is it usefull to switch between NXT (regular maintenance) en #21 (scarce use) or should i just always use #21 possibly together with #26?

Wash:
    Gold Class Conditioner & Shampoo (regular use)

Polish & Cleaner:
    ColorX (few times a year)

Protection:
    #21 Synthetic Sealant (scarce use)
    #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax (scarce use together with #21)
    NXT Tech Wax (regular use)

Shine:
    #7 Show Care Glaze (for car meetings)

greetz

Maarten (QiB1400)
    Fiat Bravo 1.4S 12V : My Pride & Joy
    ShowYourSound

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Really, there isn't exactly a magic combo. of products. You've already polished the car with #80, so now you need to really become particular about your washing habits to help keep from self-inflicting new scratches in the paint. I really like the Gold-Class wash, it's a great value! Your last step process should really depend on which wax/sealant you feel gives the best appearance. Nxt is Meguiar's self-proclaimed longest lasting wax, so this alone may be a viable option for you. Alot of people like #21, but I haven't had the pleasure of using it yet, so I really can give an honest recommendation there. As far as #26, this may be one of the more underrated waxes out there. I love its warming qualities, esp. on reds and blacks, where they become (IMO) the most notable. ColorX is a great maintanence product, for the ever other or every three waxes detail.

Also, you didn't mention clay, which is an integral part of the detailing process. The Quik Clay or Smooth Surface kit (comes with some A12 cleaner wax) will serve you well for your claying needs.

Comment

Also, before buying products, here are some links that will serve you very well. It's the second post of this thread.

List O' Links

Comment

I should have mentioned that i am already beyond the stage of a beginnner and consider myself an amateur detailer

I already own a bundle of ssmf, upstt, appl. pads, water mag. and the washing mitt. Besides that i indeed have the quick detailing system, nxt speed detail, cleaner wax, trim detailer, gc tire gel and wheel cleaner, NXT wax, soft wash gel.

I also forgot to mention it is a black car i will insert some pics below, after our detailing session last week

ShowYourSound

(\__/)

Comment

the link below is to my show-your-shine topic on the dutch meguiars forum. You will find more pics and info about the car and its detailing history.

ShowYourSound

(\__/)

Comment

That car looks like a big time candidate for #26 to me. Looks good.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');