• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing my Dakota Quad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing my Dakota Quad

I've been reading endless detailing threads and need to know which way is best for my ride. It's a 2003 and exterior is still is great shape, however..... I did notice yesterday while I was sheeting the water, I was feeling the paint and did notice the small rough area's. I did purchase from Autozone, the Clay Magic kit, Mother's Back to Black (they don't have a lot of Meguires stuff) but I would prefer them as I've used Meg's before years ago. My question is should I use a wax/polish after claying or do the cleaner, polish then wax? I keep hearing that wax is not the best thing to do as funk can stick to the finish. I don't have a garage so it's out in the elements. I also have this line paint all under the fender walls front to rear that is no telling how long it's been there. I've heard claying will remove this gunk. I've attached some pictures. I'm sure this has all been address'd some where in this forum, but I'm going cross-eyed
    Thanks for your help.

Well, I can't get the picture to upload on this
    I'll try again on another post. Damnit!!!
    Queenbee
    2003 Dodge Quad Cab

Pictures I couldn't do before

Guess if I had read how to put images in, I wouldn't be doing it this way now . Here's what my ride looks like with that line paint.

Queenbee
    2003 Dodge Quad Cab

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');