• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two-step pcerocess ... is this ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-step pcerocess ... is this ok?

Hello guys!

Hope all are doing great!

I have a quick question. I have already polished my truck with the G100 that I ordered (which by the way, didn't last a month... good thing that there's the warranty. Used it twice, and just stopped spinning under load; only private use on it).

Now, I'm thinking that since it has already been polished, I plan to perform it every 3 months. As for the waxing, can I do the following?

first - Hi-Tech Yello Wax
    second - M21 Synthetic Sealant

Can I do this? I'm just thinking that the sealant should help my truck's wax last maybe one or two weeks longer, since it sleeps 24/7 in the open. The beading on the truck with only Hi Tech Yellow lasts for about 3 weeks.

Best regards,

Jorge

Re: Two-step process ... is this ok?

Originally posted by CJ3B
    Hello guys!

Hope all are doing great!

I have a quick question. I have already polished my truck with the G100 that I ordered (which by the way, didn't last a month... good thing that there's the warranty. Used it twice, and just stopped spinning under load; only private use on it).
    Hi Jorge,

The G100 is an oscillating tool with a clutch that enables it to stop spinning under load for a reason... so you won't burn your paint or instill swirls. It's a safety feature, not a defect. This is normal and to be expected as "normal" operating results.

You can also read some real in-depth information on this topic starting on page 3 of the thread.

DA--Let it spin or stop it down?

Now, I'm thinking that since it has already been polished, I plan to perform it every 3 months. As for the waxing, can I do the following?

first - Hi-Tech Yellow Wax
    second - M21 Synthetic Sealant

Can I do this? I'm just thinking that the sealant should help my truck's wax last maybe one or two weeks longer, since it sleeps 24/7 in the open. The beading on the truck with only Hi Tech Yellow lasts for about 3 weeks.

Best regards,

Jorge
    Hard to say what kind of results each person gets on their car due to different environmental factors as well as car care maintenance. Best thing to do would be to give it a try and post back what you experience.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Though I haven't tried it myself, most every thread I have read here and on the "other" forum about layering a sealant and a wax......the sealant is always applied first. If my memory serves me right, I think it has to do with the fact that the sealant won't bond to the paint if applied over a wax.
      Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Hello Mike!

Nah, the unit IS damaged. It just stopped performing. It even makes some kind of grinding noise, like if it were broken or damaged gear teeth.

I don't know if the gears are plastic, composite or soft metal, but it definitely isn't performing like when new.

I wonder if this was a factory rebuilt unit with some kind of defect... anyway, good thing is that it has warranty.

Anyway, Mike, do you know who the rep for Meguiar's is in Puerto Rico? I called the ones listed in the official website, but none of them were, or so they said.

Thanks!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by CJ3B

Anyway, Mike, do you know who the rep for Meguiar's is in Puerto Rico? I called the ones listed in the official website, but none of them were, or so they said.

Thanks!

Jorge
          Hi Jorge,

I'm going to send the link to this thread to Customer Care and ask that someone from that department see what they can do to help out.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thank you very much, Mike.

Best regards,

Jorge

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');