• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#66 for real life? (Read lazy......)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #66 for real life? (Read lazy......)

Well it's been a fun month or so, practicing with my new PC, and trying out the different Meg's products I've bought. (500.00+ bucks worth!!)

Oh well, I could be wasting the money on booze and women......

The work I've done on my own, and friend's cars, has been educational, and largely successful. Though my results pale in comparison to what's posted here, I'm still happier with it than the detail work I've had done in San Diego in recent years.

All the specialized products I've bought and tried are wonderful, but it occurs to me, that for everyday use on my daily driver, and friend's and families's cars, It might be best to get a gallon of M66, with maybe 21 for topping if I'm trying to be fancy. I know the other products can do a better job, with enough time... but many seem to like 66 for it's speed and ease of use. I like the idea of being able to put down protection at the same time I'm polishing. And I do have a life that I should get back to.......

Since I've bought a ton of other products already, thought I'd ask for opinions.

BTW Mike, I'm still planning to come up to Meg's for some pointers and lessons, (especially on fiberglass motorhomes!!!! ), but I'm not sure when I can do that.

Any experts in San Diego hire out for lessons?
    "Now go home and get your shine box"

Billy Batts in Goodfellas

For doing production work while still creating customer-pleasing, Wow! results, using a one-step cleaner wax like M66 or even ColorX followed by nothing or a topper like NXT Tech Wax or M21 is a popular way to go.

Save time
    Exceptional results
    Happy customer

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

#66 with a polishing pad and some time working it into each section is great! I really like #66.
      Jason

Comment

Re: #66 for real life? (Read lazy......)

Originally posted by Elmer
        Oh well, I could be wasting the money on booze and women......
        Heh, yeah and that wouldn't give you a shiny car, but just lead to trouble..

I also like products like #66, for times/jobs where you don't have the time to do all the steps.

But if you are going to follow it with #21, you might as well use something like #80 instead of #66 IMO...
        "Now Biff... make sure that we get two coats of wax this time..."
        - Back To The Future

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');