• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX vs. Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX vs. Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner

Does anyone know how these two products compare?

ScratchX
    Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner

Is one better for certain conditions? Or one is "stronger" than the other making better for heavier or lighters scratches and swirls?

ScratchX will remove some swirls and lisht scratches bit Deep Crystal Step 1 will not. Even though they both have deminishing abrasives in it, i have never heard of anyone removing any swirls with DC1.
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Well sneek, now you will hear someone who removed swirls with DC1. With the NEW bottle/formula of DC1 I have removed 90% of buffer inflicted damage on a Volvo V70 T5.

It had the typical halo marks from buffing, however, they were fairly light and so the first coat after working in DC1 removed 90% of the damage. A second coat removed it all together and, #7 and #21 did their job to make sure you wouldn't even notice a swirl if it had still existed.

Again, Thank youuuu meguiar's!
      2015 Fiat 500 Abarth.
      2011 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec-V using AMSOIL synthetics. Best 1/4 mile: 14.959 (sold)

Comment

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner has the ability to remove light swirls and scratches but please keep in mind that there are many factors that will determine the effectiveness of any defect removing product.
        • * Application method
          * Application material
          * Skill level
          * Depth of defects
          * Polishability of the paint

Meguiar's always teaches the philosophy of using the least aggressive product to get the job done and in many cases Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner is a very gentle first approach.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I use scratchX first to remove most of the scratchs and the paint cleaner secondly to finish the job....seems to work for me but it could be over kill.

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');