• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass polishing by machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass polishing by machine

Hi everyone:

I read a glass polishing article where #4 and a foam cutting pad remove any water spots and stuff like that out of glasses, but I have two questions regarding this:

* Could it be possible to use #84 instead of #4?

* what speed (RPM's) and pressure is it recommended to be on the safe side?

BTW mike, do you still sell the gallon sized #4? cuz i visited the site and there's only the 16oz. size available.

Hope you can answer my question

Thanks
    " Sometimes logic is your friend (Mike-In-Orange)"

First, the #4 only removes stuff off the surfaceof the glass. It wont remove any scratches, or etching.

1. No, I do not believe #84 would work as well, as I believe it is a different type of abrasive. #4 works because of whatever type of abrasive is in that product.

2. Also, either by hand or by rotary is what is recomended, and I am not sure how many people feel comfortable squezzing a rotary into the wierd shaped spots on glass, and around the edges.

But maybe someone here has done it that way and can fill in the speed to use.

3. I dont think there is a gallon anymore....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Glass polishing by machine

First we would like to mention that this isn't a Meguiar's recommended product or procedure for working on glass. This was a recommended product and procedure by a Meguiar's employee that made the mistake of posting the glass polishing process in the referred to thread outside of Meguiar's recommendations, policies and permissions.

At this time we don't have any recommended products or procedures for working on glass outside of our NXT Glass Cleaner.

The referenced thread has been removed from the Hot Topics forum.

Thank you for understanding.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');