• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting started--which polish and wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting started--which polish and wax

I have a 2002 Accord which is garaged daily and is in great shape.
    I already use Gold Class Shampoo and I am ready to start polishing and waxing. There are very light swirl marks in the paint. I will be hand polishing and waxing. What products should I start with??? I want a product aggressive enough to help with the swirl marks via hand polishing. And I would really like that deep reflection (carnuba maybe?).

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, and Welcome to MOL!!

First, I would suggest reading through the List 'O Links found in post #4 of this thread. They will really help you in the process of making your Accord look its very best.

Second, for hand use, ScratchX is Meguiars scratch remover formulated for hand application. It provides great effects when used properly, as outlined in one the threads I provided.

Comment

I would start by getting some Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and ScratchX. With wax there are several choices. You could even go with #21 or NXT then top with a Carnuaba like DC3 or #26.
      Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');