• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I need a G100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I need a G100?

After being an observer of this forum for a few days I have been searching for answer I hoped Meguiar's would have. It seems they have come through again, well we shall see...

I recently purchased a cert. pre-owned 2005 Toyota Matrix XR AWD in Black Sand Pearl. This is my frist black car as my 02 Civic coupe prior to this was silver. I have always used Meguiar's products from A-Z on the car.

Wash, clay bar, Scratch X (on the bigger ones), Step 1 Paint Cleaner, Step 2 Polish, and a Mirror Glaze coat to top it off. Not to mention Tire Foam Shine and Interior Shine detailer.

Anyways, the people at the dealer literally through a coat of quick wax on this car so I decided to start over my own way, I am very particular about this. Well after working and rubbing I do it by hand (no pun intended) the car looked great, deep wet shine, it was awesome. Well the next day I was driving home and stopped at the beach for a minute. It was sunset and when I looked at the car, swirls, swirls, swirls!!! They were everywhere. They seem pretty fine but Scratch X and Paint polish did not get them off as well as I have hoped.

I am looking into the G100 and hoping that this and the right polish will do the trick. I will take some better shots of the swirls as you cannot see them to well with these pics. But please tell me if I should stick with my process and use the G100 for just the polish application or what in order to get the car smooth and swirl free.

Usually working by machine will get you better results than working by hand. To be sure always do a test spot first and examine the results under multiple light sources (garage / sunlight / reflected sky, etc). As Mike says, if you can make the test spot look good you can make the whole car look good.

- Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Guiser
      Usually working by machine will get you better results than working by hand.

if you can make the test spot look good you can make the whole car look good.

- Ben
      Well said Ben
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

So then the G100 can definitely help out my situation?

Second question. Where can you get a good deal on one, and where from? I am seeing the kit for around $149, fair price?

Comment

I got mine at ADS.
          I went with the speed kit

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');