• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sealant again after many waxes ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealant again after many waxes ?

OK, every spring and fall I do a full cycle of wash +clean +polish/glaze(#7) +synthetic sealer(Klasse or #21) +carnuba wax(#26). Then, weekly washes(#00) and every month or two I typically do a wax (Gold Class) or polish(7)+wax(26).

After several months, if I wanted to repeat the sealer (for its durability), can I do that without a full paint clean to remove polish+wax? Will sealer bond over the current polish +carnuba wax?

My car (96 Camaro SS) has over 250,000 KMs (winter driven and summer autocross+track events) and still looks good after 10 years of Meguires: http://www.swbs.com/mosp1024.gif
    2010 XRS

Re: sealant again after many waxes ?

It is totally safe to go in and re-apply the sealant to your finish over what you have done in the past. This will help to keep the protection at its best. Really though, it is up to you whether you will need to re-apply the other products or not. Just take time before you start to evaluate the surface. If it is not up to you expectations then you may want to do your steps again.
    Tim Larson
    Meguiars Customer Care Rep
    Meguiar's Inc.
    1-800-854-8073 ext. 169
    Tlarson@meguiars.com

Comment

Re: sealant again after many waxes ?

Originally posted by searle View Post
      Will sealer bond over the current polish +carnuba wax?
      The question you ask is a common one and there are a couple of threads that addresses this under Hot Topics, in the Information Station

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');